Thursday, March 15, 2012
10 facts about online shopping
1. The first online shopping site on internet was the pizza shop by Pizza Hut in 1994.
2. The “best seller” product in shopping sites worldwide is Books.
3. Best-selling book on Amazon for 2012 was the autobiography of Steve Jobs- "Steve Jobs".
4. The number of online shoppers in U.S is expected to grow to 170 million in 2015 according to eMarketer estimates.
5. Statistics from the online payment company PayPal show that 20% of those who abandon or fail to complete an online purchase do so because they have concerns about the security of their credit cards.
6. U.S e-commerce sales grew from 72 billion U.S. dollars in 2002, to 228 billion U.S. dollars in 2010.
7. Amazon's websites has 94 million visitors per one month (!)
8. Online shopping is more popular among younger and middle-aged user. Shoppers between the ages of 35 and 44 make up 29 percent of all online spending, though consumers between 25 and 34 are spending larger amounts online. (By Transactis research group).
9. 72% of women looking online for apparel, it has become the most popular cross-shopping categories.
10. According to research by the Nielsen Company, reviews of products on shopping sites, have influence on consumers who tend to make purchases and buy online. 40% of online shoppers indicate that they would not even buy without consulting online reviews first.
Posted by PriceGong at 1:33 AM