Memory cards become really common and even if you don’t know there is a big chance that you use it. Memory cards are used in many devices- mobile phones, cameras, media players, GPS machines and more. Memory cards have become the most common option for storage.
PriceGong team try to give you a short buying guide, and share with you all the tips and recommendations we have for buying the memory card that will fit you the best.
• Price and Warranty- As we always say, and if you have followed all of our reviews you’ll probably know that by now- the most important tip is the balance between your requirements and the price you are willing to pay. Find out the best price- compare prices for the product you wish to purchase. (We recommend you to do it by using our software- you can download it from here: http://www.pricegong.com/Download.aspx). Warranty is also important- you better find the longest warranty as possible- the reasons are obvious.
• Storage size- This parameter is wander between few mega bytes to hundred of Giga bytes. You should verify what is size will fit for you- try to round the number up- so you want be lack of space but better you’ll have extra space.
The space you need to buy is also depends on what do you plan to do with the card. If Memory card for a camera should be at least one Giga card. Using the card for a video camera should even have a bigger size. Memory card for media and video players should be according to the amount of files you wish to have in your player.
• Card support- When buying your memory card, validate that the devices you are planning to use the card in, are support that specific card type and it size. Some of the devices are limiting those.
• Memory card speed-The memory card have different speed- basically the speed refer to the time it takes to the card to save data on it. This parameter might matter on digital cameras, and it’ll determinate the time between each shoot.
• Card types- SD (Secure digital)- that’s the most common type of card, and the most popular one, it will probably fit all the devices you would like to use it. SD card can be also found in smaller sizes – Mini Sd, Micro Sd.. Sony has a specific memory card line that fit specifically to Sony devices, Cellular and other- it called M2. Fuji and Olympus also have their own memory cards called XD- note those card support only on Fuji and Olympus devices.
PriceGong team tried to summarize our own experience for purchasing memory cards, we do hope you found our tips useful, and that we helped you made the best decision.
Follow us on twitter.
More PriceGong guides :
PriceGong- Tips for buying Digital picture frame
PriceGong tips for buying MP4 player
PriceGong tips for buying washing machine
PriceGong tips for buying a drying machine